293 Exemption

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A

Section 293 of The Municipalities Act

Do you own or lease land in an adjoining municipality?  If so, you are eligible to receive a municipal tax exemption on your permanent residential dwelling as per section 293 of The Municipalities Act.

The Act provides that certain dwellings (residences/homes) in an RM are exempt from taxation.  Section 293 Exemptions are provided for primary farm residences to an amount equivalent to the agriculture land base leased or owned, as long as the residence is occupied by the principal owner. 

Occupied Residences Located In Hamlets, Organized Hamlets (OH), Or Special Service Areas (SSA) Are Not Eligible To Receive A Tax Exemption.

A Section 293 Exemption Form must be sent to the RM office on new exemptions (leased and neighboring RMs land) prior to the annual June 15 deadline.

Sask 293 Exemption Info Sheet

293 Exemption Form